The Fund for Lake Michigan is accepting pre-proposals throughout 2020.
- The Fund accepts pre-proposals on a rolling basis throughout the year. You can submit a pre-proposal to the Fund on a time-frame that works best for you and your project.
- We make grant decisions four times a year at our quarterly board meetings (March, June, September and December).
- We estimate that a grant request will take three to six months to process from the time we receive a pre-proposal to when we issue a grant contract.
- We use a two-step grant making process (a pre-proposal followed by an invitation to submit a full proposal).
- All grant materials – including pre-proposals – must be submitted electronically through Foundant, our online grant management system. Instructions for accessing our grant portal and submitting a pre-proposal can be found below.
- We plan to award between $750,000 and $1,000,000 in grants each quarter.
- Applicants may submit more than one pre-proposal during the year. However, we encourage you to prioritize your applications and to give serious consideration to the timing of your requests.